Fistular Onion Stalk Porridge
This porridge is effective against people who is having flu (cold-type). It can help to dissipate the cold virus inside the body through sweating.
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cooking pot
- 1 Bowl
- 2 stalks Fresh fistular onion stalk （葱白）
- 60 g Rice
- 5 g Fresh ginger
- Wash the fistular onion stalk (including the roots).
- Wash the rice briefly and add them into the cooking pot then add water. Do note to add more water so it will become porridge. As a guide, you can add as many as 5 to 10 times the water compared to cooking rice.
- Bring the porridge to boil and let it simmer for 30minutes. Depending on the intensity of the fire, your porridge may take lesser time. Just make sure you stir it from tiem to time so you will know when it is ready.
- Add in cut fistular onion stalk (with the roots) and sliced ginger and cook for another 5 minutes.
- The porridge is now ready to serve. You do not need to eat the roots of the fistular onion stalk.
This porridge is best consumed when it’s hot and warm as it will help you to sweat. The sweat will help to treat the flu and dissipate the cold virus in your body.